Now that the holidays are all over and we have begun the New Year, I have always enjoyed refreshing my living space by either rearranging my rooms and or recycling some of my art and knickknacks I have in my home. This makes the living space seem a little different and I feel like have a new room. Ideas to incorporate would include the following:
1. Swap out your curtains with another room or for ones you may have lying in the attic. Or you can just edit them out all together to give your room more natural light during the short winter days. In Sweden where daylight is at a premium, many folks will opt for no window treatments and for white or pale colors on their wall and on their furnishings.
2. Freshen up your wood trim with a nice coat of paint.
3. Rent a carpet cleaner from your local supermarket and clean out all of the dirt brought in by holiday visitors.
4. Try new arrangements for your furnishings. Pull furniture off the walls to create a nice grouping in the center of your room and anchor it with an area carpet. You can also swap furniture out of one room and replace it with something from another room. Or reposition your furniture to address a new focal spot in your room!
5. Change your bedding, possibly adding a warm blanket and then folding the blanket back over your comforter to expose your bed sheets providing a warm layering effect.
6. Switch up your picture frames or just the pictures in the frames.
7. And look for ideas in the January magazines on organizing and storage ideas.
Any or all ideas will help you create a little bit of a new image for your living space in 2011!!
Good Luck and have fun!!!